Ditmarsia Holdings Ltd. has been a mainstay in Fort St. John for over 15 years. We are proud of our commitment to our community. Some of the ways we give back to our neighbours, colleagues and friends are listed below.
- We support the Fort St. John Petroleum Association and are active participants in many of the Oilmen’s events and meetings.
- Fort St. John Senior Flyers & Oilmen’s Hockey Tournament
- We sponsor the bus for the Senior Flyers, including donating fuel for them to be able to attend away games.
- Over the years our involvement with hockey teams in Fort St. John has grown to include supporting the Oilmen’s Hockey Tournament. In 2014, the Ditmarsia-sponsored team won this fun-filled, jamboree-style tournament, and the players all had a great time while they were at it!
Schools & Safety:
- Baldonnel School Road Warning Signs and Crossing Lights
- This year, we have partnered with the Baldonnel School and the BC Ministry of Transportation to install new signs and a light system on the roadway . The signs have been ordered, and we are working with the Ministry to get power run under the road in order to complete this important safety initiative.
Local Community Youth Groups:
- 4-H Clubs in Fort St. John and area
- We are proud supporters of youth in our community. Through 4-H clubs, young people are able to learn leadership skills like public speaking, presenting and more.
- Youth development is an essential component of 4-H projects and clubs. Their motto to “learn to do by doing” is exemplified by what the 4 “H’s” stand for: Head, Heart, Hands and Health. As in, “I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking, my HEART to greater loyalty, my HANDS to larger service and my HEALTH to better living, for my Club, my Community and my Country”.
Community involvement is a critical aspect of our corporate identity. It’s an integral part how we live and work in Fort St. John and around the Peace Region.